Bumped [Diocese of Georgia] Episcopal Campus Ministry at GSU: “What Episcopalians Are Like”
[This week is “Diocese of Georgia Meltdown Week” and so we’re bumping a few of the stories from the past that let us all know why the diocese is where it is today.]
Hard, really, to know where to begin since practically every word is riddled. Let’s see. We have communion of the unbaptized—in violation of the canons. There’s the now-usual Christology muddle, and then there’s the usual humanity-muddle as well.
But the real laugher—I mean, the absolutely Bald-Faced Whopper—is the breezy notion that we are a “diverse” church. Check out this statement:
One of the coolest things about being Episcopalian is that there are all different kinds. Conservatives, liberals, funny people, serious people, black folks, white folks, Hispanics, and Asians can all be Episcopalian. Some are old, and some are young. Some are straight, and some are gay.
Um, I mean—there are a truly infinitesimal number of “black folks” [wow—great hipster cool groovy lingo there—that’ll appeal to the young’uns] in our church—it is a positive sea of Gleaming Caucasianness and whoever wrote this knows that right well. And then—there are practically no Hispanics either, to speak of, despite TEC’s best efforts [not very adequate] to appeal. Asians? I mean . . . seriously? Folks, we’re talking here about
And then, of course, the thought that “some are old” and “some are young” has got to make you smile.
No, Writer Of Smog and Whopperdom. There are practically no “young”—the church is almost entirely “old.”
And I do mean Almost Entirely Old.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- All is Well™ - Georgia Division
- TEC Minnesota gives local option for same sex marriage
- DioDallas: Bishop Stanton Announces Retirement
- Gay Marriage is to Govt. as is Study Hall to Academics
- Hey Anglicans, hearing the Benghazi testimony, how ‘bout that IX Commandment?
- Ruling in St. James Case Clouds the Title of Former Episcopal Parish Properties in California
- Fresno Judge Denies ECUSA’s Motion for Summary Judgment in San Joaquin
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.