Steyn: Mehra Story Can Now Proceed According to Time-Honored Tradition
As usual, Mark Steyn explains in detail the kinds of ideas that lie poorly-formed in the rest of our heads:
Stage One: The strange compulsion to assure us that the killer is a “right wing conservative extremist”
...Stage Two: Okay, he may be called Mohammed but he’s a “lone wolf.”
...Stage Three: Okay, even if there are enough lone wolves around to form their own Radio City Rockette line, it’s still nothing to do with Islam.
...Stage Four: The backlash that never happens. Because apparently the really bad thing about actual dead Jews is that it might lead to dead non-Jews: “French Muslims Fear Backlash After Shooting.” Likewise, after Major Hasan’s mountain of dead infidels, “Shooting Raises Fears For Muslims In US Army.” Likewise, after the London Tube slaughter, “British Muslims Fear Repercussions After Tomorrow’s Train Bombing.” Oh, no, wait, that’s a parody, though it’s hard to tell.
I’ve trimmed out a lot of the good stuff, so be sure to follow the link and read it all.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Stick a Fork in It: The Danish Is Done
- Queen’s Chaplain Who Objected to Quranic Readings at Cathedral Service Resigns
- Indignation at Election Interference Depends on Who is Doing the Interferring
- UNESCO: What’s the Temple Mount?
- World Chess to Women: How About We Play in Iran?
- World Council of Churches Throws Out Welcome Mat to Egyptian Anti-Semite
- A Day in the Life of Religion of Peace Cleric: Pulverize, Kill and Subjugate
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.