‘Create the Family You Want: Boy or Girl’: Sex Selection Advertised in Canadian Newspapers
In the wake of a new study that indicates that unborn girls are being targeted for abortion by certain immigrant groups in Canada, evidence has surfaced that sex selective in vitro fertilization (IVF) is being regularly advertised in Canadian news papers.
A fertility clinic in Washington state has been targeting Indo-Canadians in British Columbia with an ad encouraging them to “create the family you want: Boy or Girl.” The ad features a picture of an ethnic boy and girl attired in traditional Indian garb.
A website address in the ad directs parents interested in sex-selection to the Washington Center for Reproductive Medicine where they learn that preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) is the clinic’s preferred method for “selecting an embryo of known gender facilitating family balancing.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Sweet lyrics and you can goose step to it!
- America’s Coming Demographic Disaster
- Evidence of Politics at IRS Continues to Roll In
- Legalism overpowers grace in women’s “choices”
- A question about Pew’s “Breadwinner Moms”
- A Few Notes About the Boy Scouts Decision
- Sending “the LGBT soufflé back to the kitchen”
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.