Presiding Bishop Thinks the Episcopal Church “Too Slowly Evolves”
The presiding bishop seems to think that Tec is evolving too slowly. Silly God.
“We need to discover ways to engage in the outside community,” Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori said, in urging the 125 delegates attending the Province II Synod of the Episcopal Church to recognize that while many believe the church is an unchanging rock, it too slowly evolves.
I’m sure this group is only dying because it is “too slowly evolving.” Yes, I am sure that is it. It can’t possibly be because in their headlong race to be the first to win the diversity game, they have stepped on, walked over and disposed of sound teaching based on Scripture. Nah, that can’t be it.
“‘We are beginning to discover a way forward into a new chapter in the church’s history,” Jefferts Schori said. “If we are going to save the life of the church, we are going to have to lose it.”
Well, there may be some good news for Katharine after all. Someone call her and let her know that Tec has lost all life - at least the kind with any meaning whatsoever.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Presiding Bishop Restricts Heather Cook under Title IV
- WaPo reports that PB Schori, others knew that Cook was drunk at consecration festivities
- Aaaand let’s bring that Title IV thing to the GTS mess
- GTS faculty reveal the words that got them fired
- At GTS, Prayers Ascending to Father, Son and Holy Lawyers
- The GAFCON/FCA Tea Party
- The Unraveling of the Anglican Communion
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.