Al Mohler: Bigotry on the Ballot? No, Dishonesty in the Editorial
The paper has every right to editorialize as it chooses, and an editorial against Amendment One is no surprise to any informed reader of that paper. But look closely at the language used. The effort to limit marriage to the union of a man and a woman is described as “obvious discrimination.”
That is meant to insinuate that the effort is therefore wrong, and even immoral. But that is just not intellectually honest. Discrimination - even “obvious discrimination” - is not necessarily wrong at all. Indeed, any sane society discriminates at virtually every turn, as do individuals. The law is itself an instrument of comprehensive discrimination. We classify some crimes as misdemeanors and others as felonies. We allow some persons to teach in our schools, but not others. We recognize certain persons as citizens, but not others.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Egregiously Stupid Comment Contest Reopened
- Dr. Mohler: The Osteen Predicament—Mere Happiness Cannot Bear the Weight of the Gospel
- Peggy Noonan’s Tribute to Joan Rivers
- California City Mandates Free Marijuana!!
- ECSUA Rump Diocese in Ft. Worth Officially Embraces the Culture
- Gay Marchers Approved for St. Patrick’s Day Parade; Cardinal Dolan as Grand Marshall
- Does admiration of cool sins sabotage real repentance?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.