Al Mohler: Bigotry on the Ballot? No, Dishonesty in the Editorial
The paper has every right to editorialize as it chooses, and an editorial against Amendment One is no surprise to any informed reader of that paper. But look closely at the language used. The effort to limit marriage to the union of a man and a woman is described as “obvious discrimination.”
That is meant to insinuate that the effort is therefore wrong, and even immoral. But that is just not intellectually honest. Discrimination - even “obvious discrimination” - is not necessarily wrong at all. Indeed, any sane society discriminates at virtually every turn, as do individuals. The law is itself an instrument of comprehensive discrimination. We classify some crimes as misdemeanors and others as felonies. We allow some persons to teach in our schools, but not others. We recognize certain persons as citizens, but not others.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Apocalyptic, Intolerant Theocracy Nukes Up. But Indiana!
- You Can’t Lock Evil Out of the Cockpit
- Morons on Parade (UPDATED)
- You know that abortion/capital punishment symmetry argument? UPDATED
- Tyranny in Vestments
- Smoking while pregnant and 2 + 2 = whatever
- If he can choose his gender, why not this identity?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.