Spanish Bishop Publishes Ex-gay Testimonies on Diocesan Website after Attacks from Homosexual Groups
April 25, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Juan Antonio Reig Plà, the Catholic bishop of the Spanish diocese of Alcalá De Henares, has responded to recent attacks by homosexual groups by posting testimonies on his website of individuals who rejoice in their abandonment of the homosexual lifestyle.
“I want to thank especially those who feel, or have felt, Same-Sex Attraction (SSA), and have seen fit to send me your testimonies; more than one hundred of you have written your experiences up to now,” writes Reig Plà. “I must thank you because I have seen in them the hand of God and I have learned much from your suffering and your hopes.”
Bishop Juan Antonio Reig PlàHe adds that those who have written “are collaborating in this way to break the barrier of silence regarding the possibility of change for those who freely wish to do so, and that’s why it’s important to publish and spread them!”
The letters were published following a controversy created by a sermon given by Reig Plà on Good Friday, in which he compared the misery of those who are living the homosexual lifestyle to hell. He then generated outrage from homosexual and socialist groups by recommending therapy for homosexuals in a follow-up interview. The testimonies the bishop published speak of the suffering entailed in the homosexual lifestyle, as well as hope for overcoming homosexual tendencies.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Did Jesus mean baptism when he said “born by water and the Spirit?”
- (updated) [Oz] Bishop Sarah Macneil Conducted Same-Sex “Blessing” While Diocesan Archdeacon
- [Oz] Rev. Rod Bower: “I don’t believe in heaven or hell…”
- Coming Soon to a Country Near You (UPDATED)
- Real Love Exposes Sin - and the Sinner Welcomes It!
- Welby: Shannon Johnston Was Consulted about Baucum and Approves ... so it’s OK
- Federal Appeals Court Rules Against Religious Liberty
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.