North Carolina: Full of Stoopid People
I saw a map today that purports to explain the vote for Amendment One in North Carolina. It seems that the only counties to vote against Amendment One, which defines marriage as being exclusively between a man and a woman, were those with significant universities:
Of course, this demonstration of the intellectual superiority of those who voted against Amendment One would be more impressive if it were correct:
Mecklenburg County had 92,503 people vote against Amendment One, resulting in 54 percent of the vote, according to the North Carolina State Board of Elections.
Buncombe (Asheville), Chatham, Dare (Outer Banks), Durham (Durham), Mecklenburg (Charlotte), Orange (Chapel Hill), Wake (Raleigh) and Watauga (Boone) counties all voted against Amendment One as well.
The map above has Guilford County (UNC-Greensboro, Greensboro College) and New Hanover County (UNC-Wilmington) voting against it, whereas the NC Board of Elections, as of 4:42 this afternoon, has both approving it by narrow margins. Meanwhile, Dare County at the coast—home to a branch campus of the College of the Albemarle, a community college—voted against it, and the map above has it approving it.
All hail our new Academic Overlords!
UPDATE: Forgot to mention—Amendment One also passed in Forsyth County (Wake Forest University), Pitt County (East Carolina University), and Jackson County (Western Carolina University). Those aren’t real universities, I’m sure. Or it may just be that they are surrounded by stoopid people.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- How do you say “Indaba” in Japanese?
- A Fabulous Resource for Same-Sex-Attracted Christians and Their Friends & Allies
- Grafton Appointment Exposes Massive Differences in the Anglican Church in Australia
- Perth Same-Sex Marriage Vote - Provincial Council Says “No”
- Grown Methodist Children Throw Temper Tantrum
- Hawaii Dem Votes Yes on Gay Marriage, Smashes Homeless’ Carts
- Methodist Pastor Found Guilty, Gets Wrist Slapped
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.