North Carolina: Full of Stoopid People
I saw a map today that purports to explain the vote for Amendment One in North Carolina. It seems that the only counties to vote against Amendment One, which defines marriage as being exclusively between a man and a woman, were those with significant universities:
Of course, this demonstration of the intellectual superiority of those who voted against Amendment One would be more impressive if it were correct:
Mecklenburg County had 92,503 people vote against Amendment One, resulting in 54 percent of the vote, according to the North Carolina State Board of Elections.
Buncombe (Asheville), Chatham, Dare (Outer Banks), Durham (Durham), Mecklenburg (Charlotte), Orange (Chapel Hill), Wake (Raleigh) and Watauga (Boone) counties all voted against Amendment One as well.
The map above has Guilford County (UNC-Greensboro, Greensboro College) and New Hanover County (UNC-Wilmington) voting against it, whereas the NC Board of Elections, as of 4:42 this afternoon, has both approving it by narrow margins. Meanwhile, Dare County at the coast—home to a branch campus of the College of the Albemarle, a community college—voted against it, and the map above has it approving it.
All hail our new Academic Overlords!
UPDATE: Forgot to mention—Amendment One also passed in Forsyth County (Wake Forest University), Pitt County (East Carolina University), and Jackson County (Western Carolina University). Those aren’t real universities, I’m sure. Or it may just be that they are surrounded by stoopid people.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- (updated) [Oz] Bishop Sarah Macneil Conducted Same-Sex “Blessing” While Diocesan Archdeacon
- [Oz] Rev. Rod Bower: “I don’t believe in heaven or hell…”
- Coming Soon to a Country Near You (UPDATED)
- Real Love Exposes Sin - and the Sinner Welcomes It!
- Welby: Shannon Johnston Was Consulted about Baucum and Approves ... so it’s OK
- Presiding Bishop to Receive Another D.D. Degree
- Federal Appeals Court Rules Against Religious Liberty
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.