“The Episcopal Church Sued for our Shirt. We Give Them our Coat (Mt 5:40).”
The following is a statement of Redeemer Parish to the Episcopal Diocese of Pittsburgh upon the Relinquishment of Its Property:
May 31, 2012
After prayerful consideration, the Vestry of Redeemer Parish has decided that it is not interested in “purchasing” any property from the Episcopal Diocese of Pittsburgh. We had hoped to quickly reach agreement on the list of items we wanted to take to our new home, but the Episcopal Diocese’s response - particularly its interest in “retaining” memorial gifts and items purchased after we realigned with the Anglican Diocese - make clear to us that this is not possible.
We cannot agree to “purchase” items of property that were lovingly donated by our parish members for the use of our congregation. The Episcopal Diocese sued for our shirt. We hereby give you our coat. Matthew 5:40.
We have completed our departure from St. David’s.
We have taken only our personal property and that which is not ours to give - 9 green striped chairs and spinet piano that the owners loaned to the church.
The Clergy, Vestry and People
The Anglican Parish of Christ the Redeemer in the South Hills
Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317
[H/T: The Rev. David Wilson, Redeemer Parish.]
The Episcopal Church (USA) is garnering even more helpful publicity these days from its property “victories” (I call them “Dog in the Manger” stories). Check out this article about how the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia has no congregations to put in the [three] largest churches which it took over recently—The Falls Church, Truro Chuch, [and Church of the Epiphany, Herndon]. [H/T: Baby Blue.]
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- BREAKING - SCOTUS Denies Falls Church Petition
- Episcopal Diocese of South Carolina Resolution: Response to Offer of Provisional Primatial Oversight
- A Modest Proposal to Reform ECUSA (I)
- Meanwhile, in a parallel Episcopalian universe
- NJ teen an icon of the PB, legal team and their enablers?
- Exclusive: Bishop Iker on the Anglo-Catholic/Evangelical Divide
- Arkansas Church Kicks Out Transgender Priest, Republishes Statement on Welcoming and Inclusion
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.