Vatican Scolds Nun for Book on Sexuality
Oh for a church with this kind of resolve in the face of heresy:
The Vatican’s doctrinal office on Monday denounced an American nun who taught Christian ethics at Yale Divinity School for a book that attempted to present a theological rationale for same-sex relationships, masturbation and remarriage after divorce.
The Vatican office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, said that the book, “Just Love: A Framework for Christian Sexual Ethics,” by Sister Margaret A. Farley, was “not consistent with authentic Catholic theology,” and should not be used by Roman Catholics.
Sister Farley, a past president of the Catholic Theological Society of America and an award-winning scholar, responded in a statement: “I can only clarify that the book was not intended to be an expression of current official Catholic teaching, nor was it aimed specifically against this teaching. It is of a different genre altogether.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Latest on Gay Propaganda and Its Effect
- Failure of TEC LGBT Strategy in One Easy Blog
- From One Fake Nation-State to Another
- Bishop Brewer Bends the Knee
- Pope Francis: Good Atheists Go To Heaven
- Would You Baptize the Adopted Child of a Same Sex Couple?
- [Bumped] Promises, Promises: What Now for the Loyal Opposition in Mississippi?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.