Vatican Scolds Nun for Book on Sexuality
Oh for a church with this kind of resolve in the face of heresy:
The Vatican’s doctrinal office on Monday denounced an American nun who taught Christian ethics at Yale Divinity School for a book that attempted to present a theological rationale for same-sex relationships, masturbation and remarriage after divorce.
The Vatican office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, said that the book, “Just Love: A Framework for Christian Sexual Ethics,” by Sister Margaret A. Farley, was “not consistent with authentic Catholic theology,” and should not be used by Roman Catholics.
Sister Farley, a past president of the Catholic Theological Society of America and an award-winning scholar, responded in a statement: “I can only clarify that the book was not intended to be an expression of current official Catholic teaching, nor was it aimed specifically against this teaching. It is of a different genre altogether.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Morons on Parade (UPDATED)
- You know that abortion/capital punishment symmetry argument? UPDATED
- Tyranny in Vestments
- PCUSA Repudiation of Christian Marriage Official
- [CofE] A Great Big Hole in the Reconciliation Boat
- Southwark Responds as Story Hits the Mainstream Media
- When Athletic Directors Do Theology
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.