Birds of a Feather?
One wonders what possible Christian mission and ministry requires the General Convention of the Episcopal Church to advocate for statehood for the District of Columbia. With a host of internal problems plaguing our aging, declining denomination, sweeping resolutions directing the rest of the world’s behavior seem supremely ridiculous.
Then there’s the Washington Post’s report on the corruption that plagues DC government - not just the federal follies that go on there, but the municipal government that the Episcopal Church thinks should become the 51st state.
But then the recent and continuing fallout from The Episcopal Church’s backroom budget non-process might indicate a real affinity between church bureaucrats and sleazy municipal officials.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- From Missiles to Sleeping Bags
- OKCupid CEO Made Donations to Anti-Gay Campaign
- Setting Gay Marriage on Mozilla’s Scale
- City vs. Country: How Where We Live Deepens the Nation’s Political Divide
- Man Bites Dog
- Meanwhile, in a parallel Episcopalian universe
- BUMPED For Obvious Reasons [Email] Practical Consequences of the Transgender Canonical Changes
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.