Birds of a Feather?
One wonders what possible Christian mission and ministry requires the General Convention of the Episcopal Church to advocate for statehood for the District of Columbia. With a host of internal problems plaguing our aging, declining denomination, sweeping resolutions directing the rest of the world’s behavior seem supremely ridiculous.
Then there’s the Washington Post’s report on the corruption that plagues DC government - not just the federal follies that go on there, but the municipal government that the Episcopal Church thinks should become the 51st state.
But then the recent and continuing fallout from The Episcopal Church’s backroom budget non-process might indicate a real affinity between church bureaucrats and sleazy municipal officials.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Priest Seeks to Reclaim Pride from Christian Disparagement
- What’s Wrong with the Law, and in Particular with Harvard Law School
- Group Seeks to Cancel National Day of Prayer at Marine Corp University
- Government-Regulated Health Care in a Nutshell
- Potty Training
- How Legalism Has Destroyed the Communion
- It’s Not About Tolerance
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.