Do you preach heaven?
It raises an interesting issue for preachers, I think:
“When you hear people talking about Heaven, even nowadays, it’s like well, maybe there’s a field and birds tweeting and sunlight and it’s a good temperature,” she said. “But if you think about Hell you can come up with 30 images off the top of your head: There’s demons, there’s pain, there’s fire, there’s grills, there’s a devil ... “
Have you tried preaching about heaven, or heard efforts to do so?
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Look! A squirrel! (Sermon on John 6:1-21)
- Planned Parenthood, Pay Day Lenders, and How I’m Praying These Days
- On Valorizing Gay Marriage: A Response to Wesley Hill
- Busting Paltry Prayer Time
- 40 Questions, but only One Question is Needed
- Here’s an oasis in the midst of all the crazy bad news
- Thoughts on Psalm 88
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.