Church of England says it is Against Gay Marriage (Not a typo)
Well, someone is upset. Imagine the audacity of the Church of England standing behind Scripture. I mean people will start to think they are a church and stuff.
The Church of England has spoken. And apparently, we are against gay marriage. We are not “anti-gay”, we hope you understand. After all, as the statement says: “We have supported various legal changes in recent years to remove unjustified discrimination and create greater rights for same sex couples.” Oh, no. We are not homophobic. It’s just that we (the straight religious people) think that if gay people are allowed to get hitched in church then that will ruin things for the rest of us. The presence of homosexuals at the altar, vowing lifelong love and fidelity, will devalue the institution of marriage. It would be like letting women join the Garrick.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Gagnon and Jean Lloyd: a One-Two Punch
- Sleeping at Gethsemane - Robert Gagnon
- The Response To North Korea’s Attack On Hollywood Is Disastrous And Cowardly
- Shutting Down Freedom at Marquette
- Col. Allen West and the Race Card
- Good Places To Shop If You Have Some Extra Clink
- New Bishop of Gippsland (Oz) - Kay Goldsworthy
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.