Pentagon announces Gay Pride Month
I’ve sometimes said, “It’s the U.S. Army, not the Salvation Army.” Right now, a gay or lesbian service member is at acute risk of being in harm’s way for my freedom.
Gays and lesbians in public service are not the same as corrupting a church with anti-Biblical teaching and practices.
Here’s what I would ask, though: Is there a “Father’s Month” observed by the military? Or a “Mother’s Month”? Or a “Military Families Month”? This line from the article seems strange:
This month’s event will follow a long tradition in the Pentagon of recognizing diversity in America’s armed forces. Hallway displays and activities, for example, have marked Black History Month and Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month.
Just having sexual desire and orientation gets you a month of recognition? It’s the same as an ethnic identity? And an orientation deserves honor without regard to how one lives it out?
Again, I want to stay off a high horse here. There’s a not-so-pretty history of straight sex in places where troops are deployed. Women “enjoyed” and abandoned; children sired and never fathered. But then why shouldn’t serial impregnators get a month, if that’s their thing and they are otherwise satisfactory troops? And why aren’t service people who are committed dads, moms and spouses honored as much as someone who happens to have a same sex attraction?
An election year is at hand. Sloppy symbolism is in season.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- (updated) [Oz] Bishop Sarah Macneil Conducted Same-Sex “Blessing” While Diocesan Archdeacon
- Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
- NJ teen an icon of the PB, legal team and their enablers?
- Keeping the Main Thing Completely Peripheral
- [Oz] Rev. Rod Bower: “I don’t believe in heaven or hell…”
- How to Speak Postmodernism - A Guide for all Theological Liberals
- Coming Soon to a Country Near You (UPDATED)
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.