Sioux Falls’ Roman Catholic Bishop calls faithful to “Fortnight for Freedom”
In support of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, the Most Reverend Paul Swain, Bishop of Sioux Falls has issued a letter and taken out public ads encouraging all in his diocese to take part in prayer and witness for religious freedom.
The “Fortnight for Freedom” begins on June 21st, the RC commemoration of Saints Thomas More and John Fisher, who were martyrs in clashes between the church and state. In ends on the 4th of July, marking American independence and the religious rights embodied in the founding of the United States.
The observances include prayer, fasting, a public celebration at the Cathedral and regular ringing of church bells.
Roman Catholic advocacy of religious freedom has intensified since discovery that federal health care law forces church institutions to fund abortion and contraception in contravention of Church teaching.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- U.S. Methodists Preparing for Leap Over the Cliff
- Are Your State Dollars Paying for Abortion?
- DOJ Issues Threats to Schools
- What’s Wrong with the Law, and in Particular with Harvard Law School
- Eve of Extinction for Christians in Syria?
- NC Takes on Feds
- Group Seeks to Cancel National Day of Prayer at Marine Corp University
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.