Dr. Robert Gagnon Calls For Resignation or Removal of Exodus President
Last night I posted an article from the Christian Post along with my own questions about the growing controversy over the remarks of Exodus International President Alan Chambers regarding reparative therapy. Dr. Robert Gagnon released this paper detailing the problems with Chamber’s position and calling for his resignation:
Given these declarations on three separate occasions, we may be sure that Alan was not caught off guard, misspoke, or was misquoted in any way in the recent Atlantic interview. Alan himself has stated on his blog site that “Many thanks to Jennie Rothenberg and The Atlantic for an incredibly fair shake with this article.”
In my view these settled convictions on Alan Chambers’ part (which, incidentally, are not the only problem statements and decisions that Alan has made; see below) are a serious enough departure from Scripture (and so from the historic mission of Exodus) that Alan should be asked to step down from leadership in Exodus. Failing his voluntary resignation, he should be removed. This call for resignation applies also to the Chair of the Board of Exodus, Rev. Clark Whitten (who is also Alan’s pastor), since, as we shall see later, Alan has derived his theological views on the matter from his mentor, Rev. Whitten…read more (PDF)
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Liberals to United Methodist Church: Drop Dead (THIRD UPDATE)
- Don’t Support the Media’s Memes
- Priest Seeks to Reclaim Pride from Christian Disparagement
- ACLU Leader Quits After Daughters Encounter Men in Women’s Restroom
- Genderqueer, Australian Flags, Trump, Baal; Pots and Kettles
- DOJ Issues Threats to Schools
- What’s Wrong with the Law, and in Particular with Harvard Law School
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.