To our many readers who have rejected religion in favor of “science and reason”
I’m sure you saw something on the History Channel or in Time Magazine or somewhere that has you deep in thought about how the tolerant, enlightened Mayans ended their calendar in 2012. And you wonder if you will ever get gay marriage and universal funding for mandatory abortions passed into law (or executive fiat) before the world ends.
Well, good news:
Go here. Click “Tables for Finding Holy Days” in the left column. Scroll down to p. 883.
You see it? The world doesn’t end until 2089. Enjoy.
I am so glad to have discovered this. Sioux Falls will soon rival Mecca, Rome, Salt Lake City and other religious epicenters. Will post a link for contributions shortly. Oh, uh, yeah I’m all about tolerance, social justice and stuff, too. So believe in me. Science and reason have freed me from Christianity’s shackles.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- A Psalm for Today
- Here’s an oasis in the midst of all the crazy bad news
- Bristol Palin pregnant out of wedlock again
- Twitter exchange over rainbow White House
- What Is the Antonym for “Humility”?
- TEC offer to let Stand Firm transfer to Westboro Baptist declined
- Rachel Dolezal, Bruce Jenner, and the End of Reality
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.