To our many readers who have rejected religion in favor of “science and reason”
I’m sure you saw something on the History Channel or in Time Magazine or somewhere that has you deep in thought about how the tolerant, enlightened Mayans ended their calendar in 2012. And you wonder if you will ever get gay marriage and universal funding for mandatory abortions passed into law (or executive fiat) before the world ends.
Well, good news:
Go here. Click “Tables for Finding Holy Days” in the left column. Scroll down to p. 883.
You see it? The world doesn’t end until 2089. Enjoy.
I am so glad to have discovered this. Sioux Falls will soon rival Mecca, Rome, Salt Lake City and other religious epicenters. Will post a link for contributions shortly. Oh, uh, yeah I’m all about tolerance, social justice and stuff, too. So believe in me. Science and reason have freed me from Christianity’s shackles.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- But I don’t want all that doom and gloom with my Easter!
- Dr. Al Mohler: “The Gospel of Jesus’ Wife and the State of Modern Scholarship”
- Archbishop Welby Struggles with a Greater Truth
- Easter in the Episcopal Church (sigh) ... again
- Common Core Reading List Contains Sexually Explicit Material
- OKCupid CEO Made Donations to Anti-Gay Campaign
- Setting Gay Marriage on Mozilla’s Scale
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.