At Least 15 Die in Kenya Church Attacks
While this pales in comparison to the persecution in the Episcopal Church of gays, lesbians, bisexuals, queers, transgendered, and whatever the lower-case “i” stands for, it does deserve at least a mention:
At 10:30 a.m. Sunday, four gunmen attacked the African Inland Church in Garissa, an outpost town in the arid flatlands near the border with Somalia. Kenyan police officials said the gunmen had hurled two grenades into the church and shot and killed two police officers who had been posted at the church’s door because of several recent attacks in Garissa.
The gunmen then fired the police officers’ high-powered assault rifles at worshipers pouring out of the church in a desperate stampede. Witnesses said at least 15 people had been killed and as many as 50 wounded. The local media showed scenes of bloody bodies sprawled under the church’s pews.
About the same time, two other assailants hurled grenades into a Roman Catholic church in Garissa, wounding three people.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- SCOTUS Bends the Knee to Baal (Again)
- PCUSA to Middle East Christians: Not Even Lip Service
- On the Persecution of the Assyrian Christians
- Islam Goes to the PCUSA
- Veteran Forcibly Dragged From Ceremony for Mentioning God
- London Mayor Seeks to Ban Images Deemed to be Sexualized
- Another Bump on the Downhill Slide
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.