At Least 15 Die in Kenya Church Attacks
While this pales in comparison to the persecution in the Episcopal Church of gays, lesbians, bisexuals, queers, transgendered, and whatever the lower-case “i” stands for, it does deserve at least a mention:
At 10:30 a.m. Sunday, four gunmen attacked the African Inland Church in Garissa, an outpost town in the arid flatlands near the border with Somalia. Kenyan police officials said the gunmen had hurled two grenades into the church and shot and killed two police officers who had been posted at the church’s door because of several recent attacks in Garissa.
The gunmen then fired the police officers’ high-powered assault rifles at worshipers pouring out of the church in a desperate stampede. Witnesses said at least 15 people had been killed and as many as 50 wounded. The local media showed scenes of bloody bodies sprawled under the church’s pews.
About the same time, two other assailants hurled grenades into a Roman Catholic church in Garissa, wounding three people.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Trigger Warnings Are For Liberals Only
- Canada Headed Over Cliff
- Barbarians Who Practice Religion of Peace Behead 82-Year Old Archaeologist
- Killing Christians to Fund Terror
- BIshop Bruno Forces Pregnant Women and Children to Worship Outdoors in Summer Heat
- Nigeria rescues 178 from Boko Haram
- 2 New Mexico churches bombed on Lord’s Day (UPDATED)
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.