A Warning to Our Nation
From Augustine of Hippo after the fall of the city of Rome:
“In truth, Rome, which was founded and increased by the labors of these ancient heroes, was more shamefully ruined by their descendants, while its walls were still standing, than it is now by the razing of them. For in this ruin there fell stones and timbers; but in the ruin those profligates effected, there fell, not the mural, but the moral bulwarks and ornaments of the city, and their hearts burned with passions more destructive than the flames which consumed their houses.” (The City of God, book 2.1)
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Prayers For Our Nation
- Marry These People or Else
- Horus Reads the Internet
- Houston Makes Meaningless Change in Unconstitutional Demand
- John Hagee Plays Israel Politics With Ebola
- Houston: Don’t Blame Us, We’re Asleep At the Switch
- LifeSite: Cardinal Burke says statement from Pope Francis… is ‘long overdue’
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.