AME Church Opens Mouth, Removes All Doubt
The African Methodist Episcopal Church, one of the most prominent black denominations in the country, is blasting the House vote to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress last week, comparing the move to the “evil strategies employed following the Reconstruction era.”
The House voted 255-67 in finding Holder in contempt of Congress last week for his failure to hand over some documents in the botched Fast and Furious gun-walking investigation. While the vote was led by Republican lawmakers, 17 Democrats crossed the political aisle to hold Holder in contempt.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Prayers For Our Nation
- The False Gospel of Human Sufficiency
- Orthodox Announce Ecumenical Council
- Did Jesus mean baptism when he said “born by water and the Spirit?”
- So, how go those Lenten disciplines?
- UPDATED: Has Presiding Bishop Invitation to Preach at Nashotah Been Withdrawn?
- BREAKING - SCOTUS Denies Falls Church Petition
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.