General Convention 2012: Burwell’s Summary of the Presiding Bishop’s and Bonnie Anderson’s Speeches
From his Convention Report:
I hope some of the blogs commented on her speech. It was one of those talks where you don’t know exactly what meant by what she said. She used a lot of veiled language. Her repeat line was “Breathe deep.” She was talking about breathing in the Holy Spirit (whom she never called anything but “the spirit” and taking a deep breath and getting over all the things you don’t like about the Church. She kept saying, “Breathe deep. Breathe Deep.”
My mind wondered off to the Moody Blues, on the album, “Days of Future Past.” The Postlude to “The Story in Your Eyes” has the words, “Breathe deep the gathering gloom…”
Now I know I’ll have nightmares.
Sadly, President Bonnie sort of took up where the Presiding Bishop left off in her talk. She deconstructed the 4th of July, reminding us how much we Americans have oppressed our own people and the world. She quoted a Frederick Douglas speech where Mr. Douglas said, “The 4th of July might be yours, but it’s not mine.”
This is sad. God, Bless America anyway.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Texas Supreme Court Denies ECUSA’s Motion for Stay / Recall
- South Carolina Supreme Court Takes Jurisdiction of Appeals
- Watch out What You Ask for: CA Judge Puts Cloud on all ECUSA Parish Property Sales
- ECUSA’s 815 in Transparent Move to Punish Fort Worth
- Courts in SC and TX Show 815 Which Way the Wind Blows
- BREAKING: Texas Supreme Court Denies TEC Motion for Re-Hearing
- Bishop Lawrence Addresses His Diocese About the Issue of Consolidation
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.