For just one brief, shining moment…
This afternoon I worked the EPF’s exhibit booth and it was so wonderful to talk to so many different people and explain and spread the mission of EPF. However, I quickly realized that the people I talked to seemed to fall on the “liberal left” side of the spectrum and it seems (from my outside perspective) that EPF, in general, is mostly very liberal people. I reflected upon this and talked to my fellow EPF-YAI member, Joseph and we discussed the idea that EPF might be seen as a “too radical” for some folks…
So close to freedom. SO close. But then,
As I see it though, EPF really is just about living out our baptismal covenant and seeking justice for all people.
They gave those sweet young people that kool aid.
What really hurts is that she commences with a lofty question…
At breakfast we were simply asked to start reflecting on where we saw God at GC.
...then ends with an epically lugubrious minor chord,
Someone has to fight for the Church, but more importantly, someone needs to fight for justice and peace among all people and ensuring the respect of the dignity of every human being. That has been my ever-realized insight. At the end of the day, I can side aside everything and simply ask myself if I have lived up to my baptismal covenant. THAT is the point of all of this.
No, don’t go read it to find the parts about accepting Jesus as her Savior, putting her trust in his grace and love, and following and obeying him as Lord. She’s an old soul, born to walk in the baby boomer way. THAT is the point of this post.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Episcopal Diocese of South Carolina Resolution: Response to Offer of Provisional Primatial Oversight
- Meanwhile, in a parallel Episcopalian universe
- Exclusive: Bishop Iker on the Anglo-Catholic/Evangelical Divide
- Arkansas Church Kicks Out Transgender Priest, Republishes Statement on Welcoming and Inclusion
- Arkansas: Benfield Removes Transgender Priest from Pine Bluff Church
- Greg Fry is Now Gwen Fry
- What Did Diocese of Arkansas Leaders Know, and When Did They Know It?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.