A Stirring Defense of Orthodoxy & the Gospel from the Bishop of Upper South Carolina
Bishop Andrew Waldo of the Diocese of Upper South Carolina opposed D019, seeking clarification of “gender expression … to get a sense of how the people in my diocese who have a poor understanding of what transgender means.
“I believe we need to have more discussion in the church, in our congregations, in order to be able to speak in a way that is theologically sound, that gives a deeper understanding of what it means to be a transgender person,” he said.
If there’s one thing we all need over here in Upper South Carolina, it’s more “theological forums” and “dialogue sessions” and “listening sessions” so that we all may “understand” those who cross-dress, surgically modify themselves, and otherwise pretend to be something they’re not, and how great that will be to have delusory persons like that serving on vestries and in pulpits.
Yes, if only we troglydites in Upper South Carolinians could just “understand” cross-dressing and pretense and delusion more deeply we too could see how healthy, functional, and good it will be to have them as our leaders.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Poetic Justice for the Bishop of Los Angeles
- Episcopal Church service celebrates language of sexual misconduct
- Five Predictions About Presiding Bishop-Elect Curry
- Here’s an oasis in the midst of all the crazy bad news
- Revisionist Activist Deimel Charged with Theft; Alleged Victim is 91-Yr Old Nursing Home Resident
- TEC offer to let Stand Firm transfer to Westboro Baptist declined
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.