A Stirring Defense of Orthodoxy & the Gospel from the Bishop of Upper South Carolina
Bishop Andrew Waldo of the Diocese of Upper South Carolina opposed D019, seeking clarification of “gender expression … to get a sense of how the people in my diocese who have a poor understanding of what transgender means.
“I believe we need to have more discussion in the church, in our congregations, in order to be able to speak in a way that is theologically sound, that gives a deeper understanding of what it means to be a transgender person,” he said.
If there’s one thing we all need over here in Upper South Carolina, it’s more “theological forums” and “dialogue sessions” and “listening sessions” so that we all may “understand” those who cross-dress, surgically modify themselves, and otherwise pretend to be something they’re not, and how great that will be to have delusory persons like that serving on vestries and in pulpits.
Yes, if only we troglydites in Upper South Carolinians could just “understand” cross-dressing and pretense and delusion more deeply we too could see how healthy, functional, and good it will be to have them as our leaders.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Exclusive: Bishop Iker on the Anglo-Catholic/Evangelical Divide
- Arkansas Church Kicks Out Transgender Priest, Republishes Statement on Welcoming and Inclusion
- Arkansas: Benfield Removes Transgender Priest from Pine Bluff Church
- Greg Fry is Now Gwen Fry
- What Did Diocese of Arkansas Leaders Know, and When Did They Know It?
- BUMPED For Obvious Reasons [Email] Practical Consequences of the Transgender Canonical Changes
- Bishop Benfield: About This Transgender Priest… It’s an Educational Opportunity!
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.