Mississippi’s Canon to the Ordinary Celebrates Passage of Trans-Gender Resolution
No, I’m kidding - he didn’t say a darn thing about it.
Why would the Canon to the Ordinary - the gatekeeper of the diocese’s clergy order - not want to shout from the rooftops this triumph of tolerance and diversity?
Does he not understand how thrilled Mississippians will be to learn that - oh happy day! - it’s now going to be against church law for parishes to prevent transsexuals and cross-dressers from being in their pulpits, on their vestries, and in their children’s nurseries?
Surely this is an oversight on Canon Johnson’s part. General Convention can be so hectic sometimes, what with all the hearings on same-sex unions, and voting to sell the church headquarters at 815 Second Avenue, radically restructuing this and radically re-imagining that… so perhaps he just ran out of time. I left a helpful comment underneath his post just now, maybe that will jog his memory.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Liberals to United Methodist Church: Drop Dead (THIRD UPDATE)
- San Joaquin Appeal Rebuffed by California Supreme Court
- Don’t Support the Media’s Memes
- Priest Seeks to Reclaim Pride from Christian Disparagement
- ACLU Leader Quits After Daughters Encounter Men in Women’s Restroom
- Genderqueer, Australian Flags, Trump, Baal; Pots and Kettles
- ECUSA Loses (Again) in Quincy; San Joaquin Seeks Review [UPDATED]
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.