Mississippi’s Canon to the Ordinary Celebrates Passage of Trans-Gender Resolution
No, I’m kidding - he didn’t say a darn thing about it.
Why would the Canon to the Ordinary - the gatekeeper of the diocese’s clergy order - not want to shout from the rooftops this triumph of tolerance and diversity?
Does he not understand how thrilled Mississippians will be to learn that - oh happy day! - it’s now going to be against church law for parishes to prevent transsexuals and cross-dressers from being in their pulpits, on their vestries, and in their children’s nurseries?
Surely this is an oversight on Canon Johnson’s part. General Convention can be so hectic sometimes, what with all the hearings on same-sex unions, and voting to sell the church headquarters at 815 Second Avenue, radically restructuing this and radically re-imagining that… so perhaps he just ran out of time. I left a helpful comment underneath his post just now, maybe that will jog his memory.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- 2 New Mexico churches bombed on Lord’s Day (UPDATED)
- Pay Day Lenders From Atlanta Send Fake “Christian” Ministry to Harass South Dakotans
- Look! A squirrel! (Sermon on John 6:1-21)
- Final Judgment Entered in Fort Worth Case
- Planned Parenthood, Pay Day Lenders, and How I’m Praying These Days
- On Valorizing Gay Marriage: A Response to Wesley Hill
- Another Biblical battlefront - you can give fire support
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.