Bachelorette beats down bishops
Last night, “House of Bishops” was the top trending tag on twitter for a few minutes. Then it was gone - not just from the top spot, but from the top-10 entirely - blown away like dust in the wind by ABC’s The Bachelorette.
The bishops were on top just after their vote to something-or-other-ize gay marriage in their congregations. But then the public moved on to the next sex-themed disposable entertainment of the evening.
TEC’s mission strategy keeps devolving to this nutty quest for a few moments of media attention. They’ve glommed onto the momentary cultural approval of all things LGBTQi, hoping to lift the church out of decline on the coat tails of the cross dressed.
Not sure how that fulfills the “baptismal covenant.” They might try something more durable,
If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. (Colossians 3:1 ESV)
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- The Love Shack Church
- Tranny Jesus will save us from jihad and genocide
- ANZAC Day - Learning from a Futile Battle
- NARAL CO turns against choice
- Can Rolling Stone get us past the UVA rape of faith to the historical UVA rape?
- Apocalyptic, Intolerant Theocracy Nukes Up. But Indiana!
- You Can’t Lock Evil Out of the Cockpit
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.