Bachelorette beats down bishops
Last night, “House of Bishops” was the top trending tag on twitter for a few minutes. Then it was gone - not just from the top spot, but from the top-10 entirely - blown away like dust in the wind by ABC’s The Bachelorette.
The bishops were on top just after their vote to something-or-other-ize gay marriage in their congregations. But then the public moved on to the next sex-themed disposable entertainment of the evening.
TEC’s mission strategy keeps devolving to this nutty quest for a few moments of media attention. They’ve glommed onto the momentary cultural approval of all things LGBTQi, hoping to lift the church out of decline on the coat tails of the cross dressed.
Not sure how that fulfills the “baptismal covenant.” They might try something more durable,
If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. (Colossians 3:1 ESV)
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Meet the Brides
- Can our side write adult fiction or romantic comedy?
- But I don’t want all that doom and gloom with my Easter!
- Dr. Al Mohler: “The Gospel of Jesus’ Wife and the State of Modern Scholarship”
- Archbishop Welby Struggles with a Greater Truth
- Easter in the Episcopal Church (sigh) ... again
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.