Bachelorette beats down bishops
Last night, “House of Bishops” was the top trending tag on twitter for a few minutes. Then it was gone - not just from the top spot, but from the top-10 entirely - blown away like dust in the wind by ABC’s The Bachelorette.
The bishops were on top just after their vote to something-or-other-ize gay marriage in their congregations. But then the public moved on to the next sex-themed disposable entertainment of the evening.
TEC’s mission strategy keeps devolving to this nutty quest for a few moments of media attention. They’ve glommed onto the momentary cultural approval of all things LGBTQi, hoping to lift the church out of decline on the coat tails of the cross dressed.
Not sure how that fulfills the “baptismal covenant.” They might try something more durable,
If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. (Colossians 3:1 ESV)
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- In Support of Single Issue Voting
- Egregiously Stupid Comment Contest Reopened
- Dr. Mohler: The Osteen Predicament—Mere Happiness Cannot Bear the Weight of the Gospel
- Peggy Noonan’s Tribute to Joan Rivers
- Episcopal Task Force has a “word” about bureaucracy, decline
- California City Mandates Free Marijuana!!
- ECSUA Rump Diocese in Ft. Worth Officially Embraces the Culture
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.