Kendall Harmon’s Response to the GC 2012 Passage of Rites of Blessing for Same Sex Unions
This General Convention action is unbiblical, unchristian, unanglican and unseemly. It will further wreak havoc among Anglicans, and indeed Christians, in North America and around the world.
By making this decision, The Episcopal Church moves further away from Jesus Christ and his teaching. It thereby makes it necessary for the diocese of South Carolina to take further decisive and dramatic action to distance itself from this false step.
We in South Carolina must differentiate to stay loyal to Christ, but also to keep our own parish members and not hinder the mission of Jesus Christ who loves all and transforms all by the power of the Holy Spirit to holiness of life, a holiness which has a clear shape agreed by Christians East and West throughout 20 centuries.
—The Rev. Canon Dr. Kendall Harmon is Canon Theologian for the Diocese of South Carolina and convenor of T-19 (and he makes this statement for himself)
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- California State Universities Fight “Islamophobia,” stoke Contempt for Christians
- Dr. Mohler: The Osteen Predicament—Mere Happiness Cannot Bear the Weight of the Gospel
- Bow the Knee to Hugo
- Episcopal Task Force has a “word” about bureaucracy, decline
- ECSUA Rump Diocese in Ft. Worth Officially Embraces the Culture
- Does admiration of cool sins sabotage real repentance?
- The right kind of anxiety
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.