Kendall Harmon’s Response to the GC 2012 Passage of Rites of Blessing for Same Sex Unions
This General Convention action is unbiblical, unchristian, unanglican and unseemly. It will further wreak havoc among Anglicans, and indeed Christians, in North America and around the world.
By making this decision, The Episcopal Church moves further away from Jesus Christ and his teaching. It thereby makes it necessary for the diocese of South Carolina to take further decisive and dramatic action to distance itself from this false step.
We in South Carolina must differentiate to stay loyal to Christ, but also to keep our own parish members and not hinder the mission of Jesus Christ who loves all and transforms all by the power of the Holy Spirit to holiness of life, a holiness which has a clear shape agreed by Christians East and West throughout 20 centuries.
—The Rev. Canon Dr. Kendall Harmon is Canon Theologian for the Diocese of South Carolina and convenor of T-19 (and he makes this statement for himself)
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- CofE Clergy Refuse to “Take Note” of “Orthodox” Bishops’ Report on Marriage
- Collapse into Incoherence
- Decisions Have Consequences
- Then and Now
- State of Georgia Demands Pastor Turn Over Sermons
- DePaul President: “Black Lives Matter—Unborn Lives Don’t”
- Global South Day 2 - Carthage and the Valley of Dry Bones
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.