TEC Presents Challenges for Church of England, Anglican Communion
Psst - ++Rowan. See what happens when you fail to discipline a rebellious child?
They argued against the prospect of homosexual weddings in churches and even suggested that the issue could lead to the disestablishment of the Church of England. But many within the Church have questioned the document.
Yet in a vote at the Episcopal General Convention in Indianapolis, the American House of Bishops has voted by almost three to one to adopt a special rite called “The Witnessing and Blessing of a Lifelong Covenant.” Last night it was also expected to receive the full support of other delegates.
The Convention has also approved new guidelines making it easier to ordain transsexuals as clergy.
The US votes are bound to prompt a fresh challenge within the Church of England.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Sweet lyrics and you can goose step to it!
- You win or you die
- Shiny Red Balls & Red Herrings in Upper South Carolina: Three Notes on Bishop Waldo’s Clergy Email
- Waldo To Approve Same Sex Blessings: Truth & Consequences in the Diocese of Upper South Carolina
- A Glance At the 59 Congregations of the Diocese of Upper South Carolina
- Justin Welby: Legally Recognized Homosexual Unions “Strengthen us All…”
- A Few Notes About the Boy Scouts Decision
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.