TEC Presents Challenges for Church of England, Anglican Communion
Psst - ++Rowan. See what happens when you fail to discipline a rebellious child?
They argued against the prospect of homosexual weddings in churches and even suggested that the issue could lead to the disestablishment of the Church of England. But many within the Church have questioned the document.
Yet in a vote at the Episcopal General Convention in Indianapolis, the American House of Bishops has voted by almost three to one to adopt a special rite called “The Witnessing and Blessing of a Lifelong Covenant.” Last night it was also expected to receive the full support of other delegates.
The Convention has also approved new guidelines making it easier to ordain transsexuals as clergy.
The US votes are bound to prompt a fresh challenge within the Church of England.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Wycliffe Hall Principal Writes “to put the record straight”
- [CofE] Statement from Diocese of Manchester on “Trans Jesus” Play
- [CofE] Controversial Chapel Invitation Brings Tensions to Wycliffe Hall Oxford
- [CofE] Manchester Church Hosts “Trans Jesus” Play, Bishop is Silent
- Who Dares Call It by Name?
- Iron Sharpens Iron interview on Anglicanism past, present and future
- On the Death of the Anglican Communion
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.