Fathers, Don’t Abort Your Daughters
You understood the hit you would be taking to your wallet and your social life, not to mention your sex life, but you balanced the ledger against baseball games and taking pictures of your little gangsta and busting out the old Transformers collection. Now, you’re supposed to stick around and help take care of a girl, a girl who will probably show an absolutely irrational preference for the color pink, a girl who will be fascinated with faerie princesses and Hello Kitty and (God forbid) Barbie, a girl who will probably prefer your wife and conspire with her against you.
So now you’re fantasizing about an abortion again, how one visit to a clinic could give you back the future you wanted, how you could escape from the whole situation and all the pressures it brought with it. You don’t feel ready for this. Your heart does not feel big enough. You’re still so selfish, so lazy, so irresponsible — and those are the things you like about yourself.
Don’t do it. Do not do it. Your daughter is waiting for you. She will expand and soften your heart. She will make you a better man. A daughter too is a blessing beyond measure. Give yourself to this, and she will make you into a protector and provider.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- In Support of Single Issue Voting
- The Christian Case for Abortion Rights: Writer Goes In Search of a Mythical Beast
- Abortion Now, Abortion Tomorrow, Abortion Forever
- From the President on down, the Left Can’t Understand Hobby Lobby (Updated)
- The First Civilization
- The utilitarian unity of burning at the stake and abortion
- U.S. consensus shifts - do they even matter?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.