Bishops of Oklahoma and NW Texas Voted in Favor of SSB
The Episcopal Church, which has been a leader in the movement for full inclusion of gays and lesbians, on Tuesday approved an official liturgical rite to bless same-sex unions. The rite includes the exchange of vows and rings but is not being called a marriage ceremony.
“Once I return to Oklahoma, my intention is to gather the diocese, and we will discern together how we will respond to this resolution,” Konieczny said.
In a letter to Oklahoma Episcopalians dated Thursday, he said his vote in favor of the resolution was one of the most difficult decisions he has made in his five years as bishop.
The bishop of the Diocese of Northwest Texas of the Episcopal Church, which covers Episcopal churches in Odessa and Midland, said in a statement he supports the decision of blessing same-sex unions, but has not made it clear whether he will enforce the decision.
Deacon Judy Cobb of St. Barnabas Episcopal Church in Odessa said “as with the ordination of a gay bishop, same-sex unions are a hot button media issue.
“But it is not what is foremost in our faith,” Cobb said. “God sends us out to bring comfort to the needy and the oppressed and to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.”
You are correct, Deacon Judy, the problem being exactly what Gospel are you spreading? As the GLBTQI lobby found out, Tec hasn’t been honest about what Holy Scripture teaches. Since when is it loving to lie to someone. But I digress, let us instead concentrate on wondering wondering how many bottles of wine were paid for by the good people of NW Texas and Oklahoma.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- The Sin of Reconciliation
- Episcopal Diocese of South Carolina Resolution: Response to Offer of Provisional Primatial Oversight
- (updated) [Oz] Bishop Sarah Macneil Conducted Same-Sex “Blessing” While Diocesan Archdeacon
- Rev. Rod Bower of Gosford: Jesus Didn’t Die for Our Sins and Atheists can be “Kingdom People”
- [Oz] Rev. Rod Bower: “I don’t believe in heaven or hell…”
- How to Speak Postmodernism - A Guide for all Theological Liberals
- A Statement Concerning the Consecration of Rev Dr Sarah Macneil in the Anglican Diocese of Grafton
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.