S. C. Bishop Blasts National Church
Lawrence had earlier sought alternative leadership for his diocese, contending U.S. leaders did not represent the beliefs of his congregants. The Sunday letter seemed to significantly heighten that unease with the U. S. church. He said he plans to meet Monday with his Council of Advice and on Tuesday with the Diocesan Standing Committee. Beginning July 1, Lawrence said he would open meetings with deans and clergy.
“Given these changes in the doctrine, discipline and worship of the Episcopal Church, the question that is before us is: “What does being faithful to Jesus Christ look like for this diocese at this time?”
The Rev. Kendall S. Harmon, the canon theologian for the Diocese of South Carolina, said when interviewed Saturday: “It’s clear we have to separate ourselves from the false teaching. It’s not clear what the godly response is at the diocese.”
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- [Oz] New Diocese of Gippsland Appointment Raises Fresh Concerns
- BIshop Bruno Forces Pregnant Women and Children to Worship Outdoors in Summer Heat
- 2 New Mexico churches bombed on Lord’s Day (UPDATED)
- Nothing New under the Sun
- Pay Day Lenders From Atlanta Send Fake “Christian” Ministry to Harass South Dakotans
- Satanic Temple Unveils Goat-headed Statute in Detroit
- Look! A squirrel! (Sermon on John 6:1-21)
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.