UPDATED: News services report Paterno statue gone; PSU to suffer “unprecedented” penalties
Reuters just reported that Penn State will remove a statue of the late football coach Joe Paterno, who was implicated in a coverup of serial child abuse by one of his coaching staff.
The article quotes University President Rodney Erickson,
“I now believe that, contrary to its original intention, Coach Paterno’s statue has become a source of division and an obstacle to healing in our university and beyond…”
Earlier in the week, the Ivy League’s Brown University announced that it will rename an annual sports award originally named for Paterno.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- More from the IX Commandment beat
- Gay Marriage is to Govt. as is Study Hall to Academics
- Hollywood Producer Pleads Guilty to Child Porn Possession
- Americans Are Insane
- Homeschooling and Socialization
- Religions Not Accepting of Everybody
- UPDATED: Act of Faith Costs Track Team Win and Trip to Championship
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.