Hey, Lookie Here At What Bishop Benhase *Doesn’t* Mention In His General Convention Postlude
Make sure you read the entire piece, so that we can all learn not to engage in “reckless hyperbole.” But hey—so eager is he not to indulge in reckless hyperbole, that the good bishop fails to mention two *canonical changes* that were enacted at this General Convention. He mentions the budget thingy, and the re-structuring thingy, and even the same sex provisional rite thingy . . . but there’s something important that happened that he didn’t think he’d mention. Do you think he hopes that if he doesn’t say it out loud that parishioners won’t notice?
By now many of you have heard various news reports and opinion pieces about our Church’s 77th General Convention. Not surprisingly, I have read many exaggerated reports and some that are just plain wrong.
Why do you think he didn’t mention it in his little post-General Convention update?
And actually, there are quite a few revisionist bishops who have mysteriously chosen not to mention the passage of these two canonical changes in their little reports back to their dioceses.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- All is Well™ - Georgia Division
- Sam Allberry - Is God Anti-Gay? [video]
- California Accommodates Raging Hormones
- TEC Minnesota gives local option for same sex marriage
- DioDallas: Bishop Stanton Announces Retirement
- Gay Marriage is to Govt. as is Study Hall to Academics
- Andrew Wilson and Rob Bell on Unbelievable
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.