More Proof We Need More Conservatives in Congress
Yes, this is two-month-old news from Red State—but important:
Every Republican swears up and down that he/she supports limited government, a balanced budget, and free markets. Yet, once again, only a fraction of Republicans in Washington were able to stand for those ideals. The House and Senate passed the Obama highway bill/student loan stimulus on Friday with overwhelming majorities in both houses of Congress. [Read more about the bill here and here.] ...
... Just 52 Republicans, 21% of the conference, voted against this budget buster, which violated several tenets of the GOP Pledge to America. Only 19 Republicans in the Senate voted no.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Free Speech For Me, But Not For Thee
- Never Let a Tragedy Go to Waste
- More from the IX Commandment beat
- Gay Marriage is to Govt. as is Study Hall to Academics
- Hey Anglicans, hearing the Benghazi testimony, how ‘bout that IX Commandment?
- Better headgear or wii to prevent terrorism
- Gay marriage ‘key factor’ in Tory Eastleigh defeat
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.