Franchisors warn Obamacare will halve profits
But at least Obama was Really Really Sincere and Well-Meaning when he dreamed up this idea.
And that surely counts for something to the unemployed, you know?
Barr has 23 stores with 421 employees, 109 of whom are full-time. Of those, he provides 30 with health insurance. Barr said he pays 81 percent of their Blue Cross Blue Shield policy, or $4,073 of $5,028 for individuals, more for families, for a total bill of $129,000 a year. Employees pay $995.
Under Obamacare, however, he will have to provide health insurance for all 109 full-time workers, a cost of $444,000, or two and half times more than his current costs. That $315,000 increase is equal to just over half his annual profit, after expenses, or 1.5 percent of sales. As a result, he said, “I’m not paying $444,000.”
Providing no insurance would result in a federal fine of $158,000, $29,000 more than he now spends but the lowest cost possible under the Obamacare law. So he now views that as his cap and he’ll either cut worker hours or replace them with machines to get his costs down or dump them on the public health exchange and pay the fine.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- They lived not only in ages past (South Sudan news)
- When Will Republicans Understand Free Market Healthcare?
- Exposing Works of Darkness II: 72 Members of Congress Confront MSM
- Exposing Works of Darkness: There’s New Cover for Pedophiles
- The New Biology: Gay Infertility
- The Media’s “Republicans Have No Obamacare Replacement” Myth
- Unlike ObamaCare, the Republican Plan Will Work
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.