Insanity of the Mob
Just when you thought that the madness in the Islamic world couldn’t get any worse comes this story from Pakistan. According to Jammie Wearing Fools:
Pakistani officials say they have opened an investigation into a businessman who has been accused of blasphemy after refusing to join protests over an anti-Islam video and allegedly trying to convince others also not to take part.
Police officer Munir Abbasi says that hundreds of protesters in the city of Hyderabad who rallied against the film that mocks the Prophet Muhammad demanded businessman Haji Nasrullah Khan shut his shops in solidarity.
When Khan refused, one of his tenants said his decision supported the film.
Blasphemy is punishable by life in prison or death in Pakistan.
I know it’s an unChristian thought, but there’s a little voice in the back of my mind that keeps repeating Ripley’s line in Aliens: “I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.” And no, I’m not advocating that—consider it a political/military form of temptation.
(JWF got this from ABC, but the latter’s site seems to be down at the moment. In any case, I got the link to JWF from Hot Air.)
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Reforming the Republic IV: Educate; Do Not Enstupidate[*]
- Actions Still Speak Louder Than Words
- Cranmer on Slaughter of British Soldier on Streets of London
- Britain De-Christianizing, Heading for Islamization
- They lived not only in ages past (South Sudan news)
- Gay Marriage is to Govt. as is Study Hall to Academics
- Hey Anglicans, hearing the Benghazi testimony, how ‘bout that IX Commandment?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.