Avoiding the Truth at All Costs
This is painful to watch. Joel Osteen tries every tactic in the book to avoid saying, clearly, yes the bible teaches homosexual behavior is sinful and the homosexual desire is disordered.This is what happens when you build a career on “trying to be positive” rather than the gospel which, necessarily, carries negative warning as well as joyful promise. There are so many simple clear answers Joel could have given were he not working so hard to avoid them.
Compare and contrast with John Macarthur on Larry King. Whatever else you might say or think about Macarthur, he’s bold, firm and pastoral in response to similar questioning not only by King but by the gay man seated on his right.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Sam Allberry - Is God Anti-Gay? [video]
- TEC Minnesota gives local option for same sex marriage
- Gay Marriage is to Govt. as is Study Hall to Academics
- Andrew Wilson and Rob Bell on Unbelievable
- Don’t Sign the Letter
- Methodist Minister Defies Church in “Deeply Personal Act” of Politics (UPDATED)
- Religions Not Accepting of Everybody
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.