Chinese Hackers Breach White House Government Computers
White House sources partly confirmed an alarming report that U.S. government computers—reportedly including systems used by the military for nuclear commands—were breached by Chinese hackers.
“This was a spear phishing attack against an unclassified network,” a White House official told FoxNews.com. “These types of attacks are not infrequent and we have mitigation measures in place.”
A law enforcement official who works with members of the White House Military Office confirmed the Chinese attack to FoxNews.com on Monday, but it remains unclear what information, if any, was taken or left behind.
“This [White House Communications Agency] guy opened an email he wasn’t supposed to open,” the source said.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- They lived not only in ages past (South Sudan news)
- More from the IX Commandment beat
- Gay Marriage is to Govt. as is Study Hall to Academics
- Hey Anglicans, hearing the Benghazi testimony, how ‘bout that IX Commandment?
- Better headgear or wii to prevent terrorism
- CNN on Syrian Chemical Weapons
- Gay marriage ‘key factor’ in Tory Eastleigh defeat
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.