The Queen’s Christian Faith Puts our Bishops to Shame
This might seem a strange thing for a Catholic to say, but I often think that the Queen is the most impressive religious leader in Britain. She says little in public about her Christianity, but what she does say – usually at the end of her Christmas Day broadcast – is powerful in its directness.
Having discussed the celebrations, tragedies and anxieties of the past year, the Queen affirms, naturally but unflinchingly and with no attempt at religious relativism, her faith in Jesus Christ.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- (updated) [Oz] Bishop Sarah Macneil Conducted Same-Sex “Blessing” While Diocesan Archdeacon
- Pray for the Ugley Vicar
- Rev. Rod Bower of Gosford: Jesus Didn’t Die for Our Sins and Atheists can be “Kingdom People”
- [Oz] Rev. Rod Bower: “I don’t believe in heaven or hell…”
- A Statement Concerning the Consecration of Rev Dr Sarah Macneil in the Anglican Diocese of Grafton
- 60 Theses on Real Integrity in the Anglican Church
- The Church of England: Permitting Pastoral Malpractice
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.