The Queen’s Christian Faith Puts our Bishops to Shame
This might seem a strange thing for a Catholic to say, but I often think that the Queen is the most impressive religious leader in Britain. She says little in public about her Christianity, but what she does say – usually at the end of her Christmas Day broadcast – is powerful in its directness.
Having discussed the celebrations, tragedies and anxieties of the past year, the Queen affirms, naturally but unflinchingly and with no attempt at religious relativism, her faith in Jesus Christ.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Archbishop Welby Struggles with a Greater Truth
- BREAKING: Australian Bishops Agree to Strengthened Protocol
- RIP Ugley Vicar
- Oz: Bishop John McIntyre (Gippsland) to Seek to Change Bishops’ Protocol on Human Sexuality
- Dean John Shepherd: “The Author of Hebrews is Grasping at Straws”
- Stretching the Limits of Diversity? Melbourne Diocese has Denier of Christ’s Resurrection as Speaker
- (updated) [Oz] Bishop Sarah Macneil Conducted Same-Sex “Blessing” While Diocesan Archdeacon
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.