The Queen’s Christian Faith Puts our Bishops to Shame
This might seem a strange thing for a Catholic to say, but I often think that the Queen is the most impressive religious leader in Britain. She says little in public about her Christianity, but what she does say – usually at the end of her Christmas Day broadcast – is powerful in its directness.
Having discussed the celebrations, tragedies and anxieties of the past year, the Queen affirms, naturally but unflinchingly and with no attempt at religious relativism, her faith in Jesus Christ.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- How do you say “Indaba” in Japanese?
- A (Formerly Anglo-)Catholic on the Anglican Flaw
- Grafton Appointment Exposes Massive Differences in the Anglican Church in Australia
- Perth Same-Sex Marriage Vote - Provincial Council Says “No”
- Australia’s First Female Diocesan Bishop - we should ordain homosexuals and the Cross does not save
- U.S. designates more Religion-of-Peaceniks as terror groups
- CofE bishop Alan Wilson takes low road in same sex rite debate
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.