The Queen’s Christian Faith Puts our Bishops to Shame
This might seem a strange thing for a Catholic to say, but I often think that the Queen is the most impressive religious leader in Britain. She says little in public about her Christianity, but what she does say – usually at the end of her Christmas Day broadcast – is powerful in its directness.
Having discussed the celebrations, tragedies and anxieties of the past year, the Queen affirms, naturally but unflinchingly and with no attempt at religious relativism, her faith in Jesus Christ.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- [Oz] Nexus Conference Monday 23 May 2016 Livestream
- A Well-Aimed Blast at the Communion-Wreckers
- Wycliffe Hall Principal Writes “to put the record straight”
- [CofE] Statement from Diocese of Manchester on “Trans Jesus” Play
- [CofE] Controversial Chapel Invitation Brings Tensions to Wycliffe Hall Oxford
- [CofE] Manchester Church Hosts “Trans Jesus” Play, Bishop is Silent
- Who Dares Call It by Name?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.