The Queen’s Christian Faith Puts our Bishops to Shame
This might seem a strange thing for a Catholic to say, but I often think that the Queen is the most impressive religious leader in Britain. She says little in public about her Christianity, but what she does say – usually at the end of her Christmas Day broadcast – is powerful in its directness.
Having discussed the celebrations, tragedies and anxieties of the past year, the Queen affirms, naturally but unflinchingly and with no attempt at religious relativism, her faith in Jesus Christ.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Islam amplifies blasphemy
- Interview with Rev Peter Sholl - Missionary in Mexico
- A Sad Exchange with a Church of England Evangelical
- Interview with Rev Dr John Yates III
- Interview with Bishop Gary Nelson (NW Australia)
- New Bishop of Gippsland (Oz) - Kay Goldsworthy
- UK “journalists” distort study to advocate for LGBT church
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.