The Queen’s Christian Faith Puts our Bishops to Shame
This might seem a strange thing for a Catholic to say, but I often think that the Queen is the most impressive religious leader in Britain. She says little in public about her Christianity, but what she does say – usually at the end of her Christmas Day broadcast – is powerful in its directness.
Having discussed the celebrations, tragedies and anxieties of the past year, the Queen affirms, naturally but unflinchingly and with no attempt at religious relativism, her faith in Jesus Christ.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Abusing an Argument? Thinking Harder About Domestic Violence and the Church
- At terror confab, Obama SPOX calls out “Christian militants”
- Stephen Sizer Gets Whacked
- [CofE] BREAKING: The Southwark Declaration
- [CofE] A Storm is Brewing in Southwark Diocese
- Can We Call Stephen Sizer an Anti-Semite Now? (UPDATED)
- The State Has Spoken, Bend the Knee
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.