The Queen’s Christian Faith Puts our Bishops to Shame
This might seem a strange thing for a Catholic to say, but I often think that the Queen is the most impressive religious leader in Britain. She says little in public about her Christianity, but what she does say – usually at the end of her Christmas Day broadcast – is powerful in its directness.
Having discussed the celebrations, tragedies and anxieties of the past year, the Queen affirms, naturally but unflinchingly and with no attempt at religious relativism, her faith in Jesus Christ.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- [CofE] Statement from Diocese of Manchester on “Trans Jesus” Play
- [CofE] Controversial Chapel Invitation Brings Tensions to Wycliffe Hall Oxford
- [CofE] Manchester Church Hosts “Trans Jesus” Play, Bishop is Silent
- Who Dares Call It by Name?
- Iron Sharpens Iron interview on Anglicanism past, present and future
- On the Death of the Anglican Communion
- Statement by GAFCON Primates
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.