The Queen’s Christian Faith Puts our Bishops to Shame
This might seem a strange thing for a Catholic to say, but I often think that the Queen is the most impressive religious leader in Britain. She says little in public about her Christianity, but what she does say – usually at the end of her Christmas Day broadcast – is powerful in its directness.
Having discussed the celebrations, tragedies and anxieties of the past year, the Queen affirms, naturally but unflinchingly and with no attempt at religious relativism, her faith in Jesus Christ.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- GAFCON Primates’ Communiqué April 2015
- BREAKING: Good Friday Statement from Archbishop Eliud of Kenya
- Nigerian bishop to be the Anglican Communion’s next Secretary General
- Anglican Future Conference - Interview with Ashley Null
- Anglican Future Conference - Interview with Archbishop Eliud Wabukala of Kenya
- [Oz & NZ] Anglican Future Conference Begins
- [CofE] A Southwark “Apology” - Why Much More is Needed from Goddard and the Bishop
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.