The Queen’s Christian Faith Puts our Bishops to Shame
This might seem a strange thing for a Catholic to say, but I often think that the Queen is the most impressive religious leader in Britain. She says little in public about her Christianity, but what she does say – usually at the end of her Christmas Day broadcast – is powerful in its directness.
Having discussed the celebrations, tragedies and anxieties of the past year, the Queen affirms, naturally but unflinchingly and with no attempt at religious relativism, her faith in Jesus Christ.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Man in Silly Hat Practices Moral Equivalence
- Giles Fraser, Supporter of Hamas
- LGBT Activist Threatens to Blackmail CoE Bishops
- Dr. Al Mohler on Church of England Decision to Ordain Women Bishops
- “Women Priests in their Sights”? - or “liberals in Australia running scared”
- David Ould live comments from C of E debate on Women Bishops - UPDATED with result
- General Synod Roundup - A Way Forward?
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.