How to Do Lent Properly
Joshua has a great observation
In other words, your Lenten discipline should not be arbitrary. If you have a problem with lust, don’t give up chocolate. Give up whatever it is that leads you into lustful behaviour.And don’t just give it up for Lent, use Lent to give it up forever. Likewise, if you take up something during Lent, use Lent to keep it forever!Let the Lord know that you are committed to turning from the sin he has shown you and then ask him to help you in your task though the power of his Holy Spirit.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Imagine that. (And happy birthday, Dante).
- A Word on Martha and Mary
- Athanasius and Goebbels - random thoughts on “narratives”
- A Prayer: Going to the tenant in my slum
- Armenian Church recognizes genocide victims as martyrs
- ANZAC Day - Learning from a Futile Battle
- Notes on Sunday Morning & Ben Carson
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.