How to Do Lent Properly
Joshua has a great observation
In other words, your Lenten discipline should not be arbitrary. If you have a problem with lust, don’t give up chocolate. Give up whatever it is that leads you into lustful behaviour.And don’t just give it up for Lent, use Lent to give it up forever. Likewise, if you take up something during Lent, use Lent to keep it forever!Let the Lord know that you are committed to turning from the sin he has shown you and then ask him to help you in your task though the power of his Holy Spirit.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Thoughts on veiled crosses
- But I don’t want all that doom and gloom with my Easter!
- Of God and Pizza
- John Mason (Anglican Connection) on the Historicity of Noah and the Flood
- So, how go those Lenten disciplines?
- Red Quiver: A 40 Day Journey with Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Seeking God’s Face on Ash Wednesday
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.