How to Do Lent Properly
Joshua has a great observation
In other words, your Lenten discipline should not be arbitrary. If you have a problem with lust, don’t give up chocolate. Give up whatever it is that leads you into lustful behaviour.And don’t just give it up for Lent, use Lent to give it up forever. Likewise, if you take up something during Lent, use Lent to keep it forever!Let the Lord know that you are committed to turning from the sin he has shown you and then ask him to help you in your task though the power of his Holy Spirit.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Here’s an oasis in the midst of all the crazy bad news
- Thoughts on Psalm 88
- Oz Anglican Future Conference Videos, including Ashley Null on Cranmer
- Do You Love Me? Putting the carriage before the horse in the same-sex marriage debate.
- Imagine that. (And happy birthday, Dante).
- A Word on Martha and Mary
- Athanasius and Goebbels - random thoughts on “narratives”
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.