How to Do Lent Properly
Joshua has a great observation
In other words, your Lenten discipline should not be arbitrary. If you have a problem with lust, don’t give up chocolate. Give up whatever it is that leads you into lustful behaviour.And don’t just give it up for Lent, use Lent to give it up forever. Likewise, if you take up something during Lent, use Lent to keep it forever!Let the Lord know that you are committed to turning from the sin he has shown you and then ask him to help you in your task though the power of his Holy Spirit.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- [Oz] Nexus Conference Monday 23 May 2016 Livestream
- Sydney Archbishop Glenn Davies Calls Christians to Gracious Engagement in Marriage Debate
- Book Review: raised forever: Jesus’ Resurrection and ours by Rory Shiner
- A Just War?
- Look! A squirrel! (Sermon on John 6:1-21)
- Planned Parenthood, Pay Day Lenders, and How I’m Praying These Days
- On Valorizing Gay Marriage: A Response to Wesley Hill
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.