Pat Robertson, Football Expert
Did you know Pat Robertson is still on the air? Yeah, me neither. But it seems that every now and then, ol’ Pat just has to remind us why we wish he would retire already. Mediate has the details:
Following Wednesday’s news that Tebow’s been traded to the New York Jets, Robertson said, despite Tebow’s great performance, the Broncos did not treat him well: “I think the Denver Broncos treated him shabbily. He won seven games, he brought them into the playoffs, for heaven sakes. I mean, they were a nothing team. He rallied them together with spectacular last-minute passes and, you know, when they beat Buffalo — I mean, Pittsburgh, excuse me — it was a tremendous victory.”
Robertson cited bad karma: “And you just ask yourself, okay, so Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he’s been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right.”
Do you suppose it even occurs to Pat that what would “serve [the Broncos] right” would be painful, perhaps disabling, likely career-ending, possibly life-changing, for Peyton Manning? Do you suppose ol’ Pat ever thinks before engaging his mouth? Is it possible to arrange for a permanent power failure just for CBN’s studios in Virginia Beach? Now that would serve him right.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- But I don’t want all that doom and gloom with my Easter!
- Dr. Al Mohler: “The Gospel of Jesus’ Wife and the State of Modern Scholarship”
- Archbishop Welby Struggles with a Greater Truth
- Easter in the Episcopal Church (sigh) ... again
- Common Core Reading List Contains Sexually Explicit Material
- OKCupid CEO Made Donations to Anti-Gay Campaign
- Setting Gay Marriage on Mozilla’s Scale
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.