California Bill Would Ban ‘Sexual Orientation’ Psychotherapy
The bill would explicitly move into law the idea that sexual orientation is not a “disorder, illness, deficiency, or shortcoming.” It also suggests that sexual orientation change is impossible, and poses “critical health risks to lesbian, gay, and bisexual people.”
The crux of the legislation is the definition of “sexual orientation change efforts”:
psychotherapy aimed at altering the sexual or romantic desires, attractions, or conduct of a person toward people of the same sex so that the desire, attraction, or conduct is eliminated or reduced or might instead be directed toward people of a different sex. It does not include psychotherapy aimed at altering sexual desires, attractions, or conduct toward minors or relatives or regarding sexual activity with another person without that person’s consent
Interestingly, this audio tape of hearing reveals that the someone is playing fast and loose with the facts. The opposition testimony begins at approximately 6:25.
Share this story:
Recent Related Posts
- Credit Where Credit Is Due
- The Pemberton Ruling - Liberal Theological and Political Method Exposed
- How to Take Down a Straying Prelate
- Sydney Archbishop Glenn Davies Calls Christians to Gracious Engagement in Marriage Debate
- Is Obama Warning Christians GLBT “Rights” Outweigh Religious Freedom
- Primates’ Meeting: It Still All Comes Down to What Welby Will Do
- GAFCON responds to the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Invitation
Are you reading this?
Advertising on Stand Firm works!
Click here for details.